Carrie Lowery got me thinking about lying, maybe bullshit is a better word, anyway she got me to thinking and thats inportant. I managed to find seven out of 10 true things about Carrie that were mixed in with ten items of Bullshit. To me, that means my Bullshit detector was running with a 30% failure rate. I find this to be completely unacceptable, but it was enough to co-win the contest.
Anyway, it got me to thinking about some little nown facts about myself that may trip up some of my readers. Trying to think of ten little known facts about myself has proved to be easier than creating 10 items that are bullshit detector resistant. Another handicap is the fact that a few of my readers know me real well. I am not sure what to do about them, do I come up with stuff that they do not know, or do I just ask them nicely to keep their yaps shut. On the other hand maybe this would be a good test to see if my bullshit is good enough to fool friends…. Naaaa, just kidding. There is no way I can fool my relatives or close friends. So the following people are not allowed to guess. Archvillain, Spudgun, Caveblogem, Kingslya, and Dad. All others give it your best shot.
So its time to warm up the Bullshit detector….
- I can juggle four balls at a time.
- I am the same height and weight as Michael Jordan.
- My first girl friend was over six foot tall
- I once saw DEVO in concert.
- When I was a child I had a stuffed dog shaped foot stool that I named Barf.
- I have a collection of Star Wars Burger King Glasses from 1980.
- I got straight A’s in grade school then got D’s in Middle school and High School once I “discovered” Girls.
- I once jumped off a gay mans roof into a swimming pool in the nude to impress a girl.
- The minister at my wedding switched vows between my wife and I at the last minute and with out our knowledge. I had to say a much more religious version that I wanted or ruin the wedding.
- I once met Larry Niven and he signed my first edition copy of Ring World.
- My shortest career was as a chimney sweep, it lasted only a week.
- In middle school I had a 3′ pet iguana named Guacamole.
- When I was living in England I owned an English springer spaniel named Binkley.
- I once spent Halloween night in Sigonella, Italy with a bunch of Seabees.
- I spent Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years in Air Force Basic Training.
- When I was in High School I worked at Radio Shack and was paid, under the table, with electronic parts.
- I have an irrational fear of high places and won’t go above the fifth floor of any building.
- My little sister is a six foot two inch blond and works at Macys.
- I caught a foul ball while watching a Giants game in San Francisco.
- I learned to program in Basic, Pascal, Fortran, and machine code in high school in 1976.
It’s my game so I can play it any way I want. The trick with this one is to detect the ten items in the above list that are bullshit. Let the comments fly.
Good luck Carrie.