What does it take to camp like a flounder? Here is a photo of my little compound at the North site last weekend.
See if you can find the following items in this photo….
- 500ml Florence flask
- Peace sign patch that actually says “peace through superior firepower”
- Ear muffs.
- Jones soda.
- 200′ spool of wire.
- A hand held mini torch.
- 1/3 of a gallon of citronella tiki torch fuel.
- Flat Tony.
What are not visible are the other required camping accessories. The essential elements to most any over night adventure on the prairie include but are not limited to…
- An ice chest with an equal amount of water, soda, and beer. Life is a balance.
- Coffee and a coffee maker.
- Ice chest with twice as much food as I think I will eat. Other campers always forget food.
- Twice as many bullets as I think I will shoot. Other campers always forget bullets.
- Adventure bag.
- A complete tool kit and spare parts for the HPM.
- 5 gallons of water.
- Sound track to Kill Bill II, Rush Chronicles, Elvis Costello, and Fish Bone Truth and Soul.
- Air compressor.
- Extra battery with jumper cables.
- Black powder and fuse (you never know)
- Trash bags, because I try to leave the prairie as I found it.
I am always impressed on how much the HPM can hold.
Next trip out to the north site I am bringing Flat Pam, from Red Dawn Vazslas. (Pamcake?)
Instead of replacing Capt. Danger she will be working with him to test a new rocket fuel. How exciting.
Due to the dangerous nature of this mission she will begin training next week.